VMware NSX Cookbook: Over 70 recipes to master thenet
work virtualization skills to implement, validate, operate, upgrade, and automate VMware NSX for vSphere
Over 70 recipes to champion the skills ofnet
work virtualization and security operations using the VMware NSX for vSphere.
- Over 70 practical recipes created by two VCIX-NV certified NSX experts
- Explore best practices to deploy, operate, and upgrade VMware NSX for vSphere
- Leverage NSX REST API using various tools from Python in VMware vRealize Orchestrator
This book begins with a brief introduction to VMware's NSX for vSphereNet
work Virtualization solutions and how to deploy and configure NSX components and features such as Logical Switching, Logical Routing, layer 2 bridging and the Edge Services Gateway. Moving on to security, the book shows you how to enable micro-segmentation through NSX Distributed Firewall and Identity Firewall and how to do service insertion vianet
work and guest introspection. After covering all the feature configurations for single-site deployment, the focus then shifts to multi-site setups using Cross-vCenter NSX.
Next, the book covers management, backing up and restoring, upgrading, and monitoring using built-in NSX features such as Flow Monitoring, Traceflow, Application Rule Manager, and Endpoint Monitoring. Towards the end, you will explore how to leverage VMware NSX REST API using various tools from Python to VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
What you will learn
- Understand, install, and configure VMware NSX for vSphere solutions
- Configure logical switching, routing, and Edge Services Gateway in VMware NSX for vSphere
- Learn how to plan and upgrade VMware NSX for vSphere
- Learn how to use built-in monitoring tools such as Flow Monitoring, Traceflow, Application Rule Manager, and Endpoint Monitoring
- Learn how to leverage the NSX REST API for management and automation using various tools from Python to VMware vRealize Orchestrator
Who this book is for?
This book aims to be useful for both new and seasoned VMware NSX for vSphere administrators. It is intended to be used by those that have never deployed NSX and by those that have it deployed already but are looking to leverage new or advanced functionality.
NSX-v runs on vSphere and connects to your existingnet
work. Therefore, intermediatenet
working and virtualization knowledge is assumed and is essential to understand the correct deployment of NSX in your environment.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Getting started with VMware NSX for vSphere
Chapter 2 Configuring VMware NSX Logical SwitchNet
Chapter 3 VMware NSX Logical Routing
Chapter 4 Configuring VMware NSX Layer 2 Bridging
Chapter 5 VMware NSX Edge Services Gateway
Chapter 6 Configuring VMware NSX Distributed Firewall (DFW) and SpoofGuard
Chapter 7 Configuring Cross-vCenter NSX
Chapter 8 Backing up and Restoring VMware NSX Components
Chapter 9 Managing User Account in VMware NSX
Chapter 10 Upgrading VMware NSX
Chapter 11 Troubleshooting VMware NSX
Chapter 12 Leveraging the VMware NSX REST API for Management and Automation