An exhaustive review of the history, current state, and future opportunities for harnessing light to accomplish useful work in materials, this book describes the chemistry, physics, and mechanics of light-controlled systems.
* Describes photomechanical materials and mechanisms, along with key applications
* Exceptional collection of leading authors, internationally recognized for their work in this growing area
* Covers the full scope of photomechanical materials: polymers, crystals, ceramics, and nanocomposites
* Deals with an interdisciplinary coupling of mechanics, materials, chemistry, and physics
* Emphasizes application opportunities in creating adaptive surface features, shape memory devices, and actuators; while assessing future prospects for utility in optics and photonics and soft robotics
Publication Date: 2017-06-15
Title: Photomechanical Materials, Composites, and Systems: Wireless Transduction of Light into Work